Who R U?

A while back Garfish mentioned he lked the idea of getting to know some of us better.As no one has started a thread like this before I will take the plunge.I have been involved in and read many heated exchanges here in AudioGon.I hope no one attacks me for this thread saying "who cares about you,this is audio" Anyway,Im 45 and live in W.N.Y.I have never been married but have a music loving 11 year old daughter who lives with me.I have been a nurse for 20 years.Before that I was a Navy Corpsman for several years.I recently became engaged (first time) to a beautiful 30 year old music loving woman.At my age a 30 year old is a keeper and I have never been happier!! My other interests??Im into vinyl,who has time for anything else??
david99
I'm 20 years old and an ASU sophomore studying economics. I have been involved in music my whole life. My father is a home theater maniac (I was in an audio magazine at 7 watching Austin Powers in our theater), one of my uncles is a recording engineer, and the other 2 are really into audio. I play about 10 instruments and spent much of high school helping in my uncle's studio in Oakland, where I'm from. Now in my college apartment here in Tempe, I'm building up a solid system. For years I've used my family's extra gear, but I got tired of it. Now I'm running a DAC Magic and kenwood turntable (next upgrade) into my uncle's tube preamp, marantz ma 500 monoblocks, and Paradigm studio reference v2 towers and loving em
Greetings from Blasted. I just turned 56 so I guess I have been an audiophile for ... 45years... if you count an am radio plastered to my ear. I am on my fourth complete build and they have all given me endless hours of fun and just plain pleasure. Being a pack rat, I still have three of the original four. I am finally all tube mono block too and this was a great choice. I spent 18 months auditioning and rating gear. I am getting much faster. Keep on listening and let that smile emerge.
I'm 37 with a wife and two daughters, and I gave up my mancave when we moved. So instead of my functional, but homely, Paradigm HT setup I'm putting together a new system that the wife can actually entertain company around. This will be only my second mid-fi build, as I got a ton of milage out of my first build (8 years and only changed receivers once).
I an 63 which makes me an old guy I guess. Live in Portland, OR though born & raised in Los Angeles. Grew up in a jazz household where the first stereo my father had was given to him by Shelly Manne and where my parents bought a baby grand piano for guests to play. Loved music for as long as I can remember,skipped most of high school graduation festivities to go to the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967, and started collecting vinyl at 12y/o but didn't get interested in gear until my partner decided to give me a new turntable in around 1974 and bought an AR clone. Am just retired secondary to illness after thirty years as a family doctor and am very interested in advanced care planning, bioethics and health care reform. I have been with the same woman since 1970 and married for most of those years. She loves music and is totally uninterested in gear though she loves her horses. We have two children, one an artist and one who trained at Blair School of Music at Vanderbilt on clarinet but has now started medical school. I like most kinds of music except very limited in my enjoyment of musicals, and often don't like Top 40 or middle-of-the road but remain foremost a rocker. I have spent a lot more on music than gear over the years though I do like my stereo and am up to about 14,000 pieces of vinyl and 9,000 CDs. Craig