Who R U?

A while back Garfish mentioned he lked the idea of getting to know some of us better.As no one has started a thread like this before I will take the plunge.I have been involved in and read many heated exchanges here in AudioGon.I hope no one attacks me for this thread saying "who cares about you,this is audio" Anyway,Im 45 and live in W.N.Y.I have never been married but have a music loving 11 year old daughter who lives with me.I have been a nurse for 20 years.Before that I was a Navy Corpsman for several years.I recently became engaged (first time) to a beautiful 30 year old music loving woman.At my age a 30 year old is a keeper and I have never been happier!! My other interests??Im into vinyl,who has time for anything else??
david99
Well...I see I am the first response of 2013; wow...this is an old, but very worthwhile thread; I've enjoyed reading it, which is why I'm posting. My name is Jeff, I'm a journalist in Las Vegas, and reintroducing myself to my love of stereos and hi-fi ( I know that's real old-school) that I had in high school. I'm 55; my gear is primarily mid-fi: Arcam Alpha 9 integrated and power amp, which I bi-amp to B&W 805's. I have an Arcam Alpha 9 CD player (wonderful) and MCD (great); my surround system is powered by a Marantz SR 7005; I have a collection of other gear...I have upgrade plans...but so far....enjoying what I have. I love my music...; everyone....here's to a great 2013, and to a thread that lives on.
Arcamguy inspired me to respond. I am a 50 year old surgeon and I got into this byzantine hobby through my love of music. I am not a guy who listens to sounds, but a music-lover who listens to almost everything. My current system is analogue-based with a SME 30/2 table and SME V arm tricked out by Kevin Scott to include Kondo silver wiring through from the cartridge, outputs, interconnects and bi-wired speaker cabling as well as the internal wiring of my Living Voice speakers being Kondo silver. I am currently using a Transfiguration Orpheus cart, and Whest phono stage. Power comes from a Graaf tube amp as well as a solid state option of a Pass Labs 30W class A integrated. CD player EAR acute. I have a very hectic life, but music provides the grounding, and the serenity required to keep it all going. I am so grateful to all of the Audiogon responders for their thoughtful comments, that keep it alive for me. Sorry to weigh in so late, and I hope that I am not the last responder on this very interesting thread.
Ok, I'll play here.

I'm a 54yr old, married, getting fat, machinist. My preference for quality sound started in my high school years but since I've never been well off I've never had the opportunity to do anything about it. Back in the day my best stuff was a Nak 420 and CA5, NEC TE6 and Denon DCD-910. Guess what? I still have it all! lol. I've added a NAD seperates group from a garage sale $150 grab, so made out there pretty good.
Just last weekend we picked up some Paradigm Monitor 7's, and the quest to put a good system is on.
a 52 year old from Edmond Oklahoma. I got the bug when i was a very young boy of 13 DJ'ing at the local roller rink. begun buying equipment in the 80s while serving overseas in the Navy. stopped buying and hobby went dormant while raising family. Now an empty nester back into analog audio and starting to get into digital sound.

Vonschwekert VR4jr
Sim Audio P5
Celeste HT3
Project RM5
Sumiko Blue pt#2
Cambridge Audio DAC Magic
Audioquest interconnects
Signal Power cords