What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove
Jet propulsion engineer for a major airline, 22 years old, system MSRP is ~$4500. I didn't pay nearly this via b-stock and demos.
52, commrecial Transportation management. 7K. Been at this since 1973 but, just started the high end thing 2 years ago....
Age 47 going on 27- Profession: 25 yrs commerical roofing contractor (no residential!) Past 2 years as owner. System list easy $35K and climbimg slowly
age 33. profession? i am a field technician for pepsi~cola. my system is worth about 10k, with more money being invested as i find 'gems.' i used to buy new, but quickly came in to the reality that the gear i like and want, is top ended performance and price wise. so, i have begun to be patient, wait a little longer, and go with some used gear, and all the while enjoying my daily audiogon fix.