What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove
Quad Cities, Moline and Rock Island in Illinois and Bettendorf and Davenport in Iowa. It's really the QUINT Cities, because East Moline (on the Illinois side) should be counted. In fact, some of the locals would probably say that East Moline is the 4th city instead of Bettendorf. People rarely refer to it as the "Quint Cities", but that's closer to being correct. There are also several smaller towns which are very close, on both sides of the Mississippi River, which are generally considered to be a part of the "Quad City Area". For whatever reason, the moniker of "Quad Cities" has stuck over the years.
Cool, thanks for the insight, esp. since you're just a little while 'down-river' from me!
CPA - 28 years old. I have spent about $13k but some of the money was wasted by purchasing new mid-fi equipment at audio dealers instead of better used equipment through audiogon.
Mgr of a small software group for a telecom co.
50 dammit!
And it ain't how much you make, but how much you spend that matters ...
I am married: steeriiike ONE!
We own two horses: steeriiiike TWO!
I am obsessed with music/audio: steeriiiiike THREE!
You're outta here, son!
I'm 32. Architect, interior design and photographer, who keeps many years for ~13K set, but happy with that now..