TV between speakers: Curved Screen TV, help? Hurt?

For those of us that must have our TV between the speakers, I am wondering I'd the new curved screen TV's would offer benefit to reflections. Anyone that has done this, I would be curious to hear your experience. Or anyone with acoustics experience, would you be willing to share your thoughts and theory's? Although I am not attracted to the curved screen for viewing, it seems they offer the better picture.
Thanks in advance.
128x128theo
Isn't it the general consensus that curved screens are nothing more than a marketing gimmick?
I don't think there is any advantage to the curve, except perhaps for a perfectly centered viewer sitting at precisely the right distance from the screen. Anyone off center will be, at least for the half of the screen closer to the viewer, even further off axis than with a flat screen. Most of the flat screen technologies have issues with off axis performance so curving the screen would exacerbate such problems.

The sets I saw with curved screens also made room reflections much more annoying than a flat screen. Again, one would need perfect viewing conditions (dark room) to avoid this making the picture worse.
I think the curved screen fad may have to do with having that IMAX experience in your own home but the screen would have to be the size of your longest wall to have the same effect.
I think you have hit on some valid points. I really prefer flat and was trying to find a reason to weigh in favor of a curved screen and avoid the stupid speakers Sony has on the best TV I can justify financially. They do have a better TV that is $7K and I want a per amp for that kind of money. I did notice reflection issues on the curved screens and that adds to the annoyance that already exists by its shape.
Bottom line I'm going to continue to seek a flat screen, the question of acoustic advantage or dis-advantage really didn't get answered but my thoughts about the curved screen dislikes were confirmed here and I thank you for your help.
I have my speakers about 8 feet out into the room. My Samsung 4k 85" TV is against the back wall. I found that adding some of the SR HFT's (or my DIY version) to the center top and bottom center of the screen helps immensely with the center image.
Check out my systems page.