Ottawa, Ontario

Hello,

Anyone in the Ottawa area interested in a once a month listening session?

matthew
mcrosier
Kick off to 2006. We enjoyed our first get together of the new year at my place. This was the first time that I had my new gear up and running. And I think that the Gallo Ref 3's and the Cary SLI80 provided a rewarding experience. That being said the music is the thing and after attempting a few speaker placements we had a nice afternoon enjoying music by artists from Pittsburgh. The menu included tunes by: Earl Hines, Maxine Sullivan, Ray Brown, Kenny Clarke, Paul Chambers and Art Blakey. As well as the Pittsburgh Symphony performing Brahms Symphony#2 and Tchaikovsky's Cantible for Cello Solo and String Orchestra. Looking forward to the next get together in March.

matthew
Yes, it was a lovely afternoon, with some music I'd never heard before, some tasty new components and good whisky to meld it all together. By the way Matthew, the CBC program I meant to slag off was Freestyle, not Fresh Air - though Fresh Air doesn't escape criticism either. If the CBC gets any more lightweight, it's going to float away on the hot air of its own making. It's a saddening state of affairs.
Paul

Thanks for the kind words and the clarification on the Mother Corp. I'm not sure where the good ship is going myself.

Looking forward to the next music session.

matthew
Yes, it was a good afternoon of music. The Gallo Ref 3s sounded very nice when paired up with the Cary.
Konrad
We met yesterday at my place for an evening with Charlie Haden, Gary Burton, Brad Mehldau, Kenny Garrett, Bill Evans, Earl Klugh, Beth Nielson Chapman, etc. I especially enjoyed playing my latest find, Burnt Bulb on Broadway, a nice Canadian album with songs written by Kevin Breit. I'll have to try to remember to include some classical music in my next programme.

Looking forward to the next meeting.