How does one get off the merry-go-round?

I'm interested in hearing from or about music lovers who have dropped out of the audio "hobby." I don't mean you were content with your system for 6 weeks. I mean, you stood pat for a long time, or--even better--you downsized...maybe got rid of your separates and got an integrated.

(I suppose if you did this, you probably aren't reading these forums any more.)

If this sounds like a cry for help, well, I dunno. Not really. I'm just curious. My thoughts have been running to things like integrated amps and small equipment racks and whatnot even as I continue to experiment and upgrade with vigor (I'm taking the room correction plunge, for example.) Just want to hear what people have to say on the subject.

---dan
Ag insider logo xs@2xdrubin
Phd- Yes, very sad news. He was a very helpful and loved member here.
So... your point is that dying is a way to get off the merry-go- round ?
Isochronism, I don't think Pubul57 was on the merry go round to that degree anyway, mostly active in the forums. Case in point, I believe this thread was one of the last he participated in.

As far as getting off the merry-go-round, we all will eventually take that big leap one way or another.
phd- Now I understand why you chose this thread to post about Pubul.
When I originally read the thread about Pubul, I read all of his archived posts.
He was a real asset.
as long as you go in a straight line you will avoid the merry-go-'round.

you must have a goal, otherwise, you will never be satisfied.

those who continually buy and sell for its own sake or to hear a different performance are obsessive compulsive audio consumers. don't be an obsessive compulsive audiophile and you will never enter the merry-go-round.
Someone said on this forum several years ago "we're all as crazy as we can afford to be".

There is no way off once you've gotten on. So, you'll stay on the merry-go-round for as long as you have money, or until you pass on to the great high-end audio salon in the sky.