MOG to shut down, replaced by Beats Music

MOG is being replaced by Beats Music. It seems the cost is going from $5 per month to $10 per month. The MOG shut down is in April.

Does anyone have more info on Beats Music? Will the features of MOG be on the Beats Music web site?
hgeifman
Check out audio circle forums for more info. Beats will NOT work with Squeezebox, all your favorites will be gone. Will only work in a browser on a pc, and phones and price will increase to $10 or $15 depending on plan. I am very upset about this. We need to email them and have Mog customers grandfathered in to Beats without any changes. Don't think that will happen though!
Wow, and I just cancelled my Pandora account in order to start using MOG instead. So, yet again, another "once happy" customer is now disappointed.

Must have been a licensing issue.
I thought it was going to $15. And as a follow-up question, does anything beat Beats?
I have been using MOG on my Squeezebox Touch for a number of years and have really enjoyed it. I agree with Jeffjazz that Beats will not work with any Squeezebox streamer and they probably look at us as too small a market to accommodate. I sent them an Email anyway and if anything comes of it I will let you know.
Looks like the obvious choice for a replacement would be Spotify. That is probably the direction I am headed.
Yeah, it looks like they're going to abandon us Squeezebox users. Although there's still time for them to change their mind I doubt they will. I've been looking at Spotify too - specifically the third-party Triode plugin for the Touch (and other Logitech players). I have a free account with Spotify but have never listened to it much because MOG was so great. I'll have to see if it's worth the money but you have to have a premium account to try it on the Squeezebox. The sad thing is, if they would open up their API, somebody would almost certainly develop a plugin for MOG. They say that they may do this at some point but who knows if they'll do it before we all move to something else. I'm sure I'm not their target demographic - I listen to ALBUMS not playlists. Their social media focus is also lost on me. Ah well, so we move on.

Dick