Is DEQX a game changer?

Just read a bit and it sure sounds interesting. Does it sound like the best way to upgrade speakers?
ptss
Drewan77, you wrote that the Chord DAC sounds better than the DEQX DAC. These cannot be directly be compared, because they operate at different points in the chain.

If you are feeding the DEQX an analogue signal, the DEXQ must first convert it to digital before it does anything else with it. I can only conclude that your Chord DAC is adding some 'euphonic' distortion. My preference is to use the EQ presets to alter the signal to suit my personal preferences, rather than inserting an extra component into the chain.
"So, if I have a Dac that I like and only want the speaker correction function , is there a Deqx unit that just does that?"

Yes, the DEQX Mate does that. Use this link....

http://www.deqx.com/product-deqxmate-overview.php

....and look at 'comparison' on the drop down RH side bottom to see the various features of each processor

(Apologies to Almarg as I notice I accidentally added a second L to his forum name)
Psag, maybe you misread what I said - here was my comment from an earlier post:

"when I compared the DEQX DAC to the Chord 64 I was previously using, it was more lively sounding and I happily used this as a replacement. I like very precise transient attack, including bass that is clean & deep but starts/stops very fast. Much more realistic to true life and the DEQX DAC has that"

The Graham Slee DAC sounds more life-like than both, being fed either CD or FLAC files. It's just as dynamic as the HDP3 DAC but more realistic at the top end. You are correct about the logic of converting an analogue signal though, it must surely have a tiny impact (I tend to judge a system on what I hear though)
Drewan77, I didn't realize you were using the DEQX mate, which does not have the digital inputs. I must have lost track of your contributions to this thread. Sorry 'bout that.
Psag: "Drewan77, I didn't realize you were using the DEQX mate, which does not have the digital inputs."

I am not using the DEQX Mate, that was a reply I gave to Ozzy as he was looking for something with only speaker correction. My DEQX is the HDP3 which has both analogue & digital inputs, including a DAC which I no longer use