Audio Research vs Sonic Frontiers

I am looking for opinions on a choice for preamp between the Audio Research LS 25 and the Sonic Frontiers Line 2 preamps Help!!!
otis
Hi Craig: What tube compliment do you suggest, Kevin Deal says he can really make this unit sing but won't say unless you buy from him. Im thinking Brimar Otis
Sorry I can't make a recommendation Otis. The one NOS tube set I tried came from Kevin Deal. It consisted of 2 NOS Amperex and 4 less expensive tubes that I can't remember. I didn't care for it though. Kevin Deal does have a wealth of tube info. as I'm sure you know. Redkiwi has recommended "Bugle Boys"-- I'm not familiar with them but may try to find them. Luck. Craig
I've owned both ARC and SF products. I purchased the Line 3 a year ago and never looked back as it is a perfect match with my Rowland amps. ARC gets the nod in customer support as my experience with Sonic Frontiers customer support has been pretty terrible.
Otis, I also have a Line 2 and have re-tubed it through Upscale. The back 2 tubes are Amperex 7308s with gold pins. The others are a 'different' version of Sovtek tubes as per Kevin Deal. They don't look like the stock Sovteks that I have seen in the past. These tubes make a very significant improvement in bass definition, soundstage and general musicality. I was so impressed with the tubes sound improvement that I decided not to sell my Line 2. I have never purchased a component from Kevin but I have purchased many tubes from him. He has never questioned me as to where I bought the gear either. This combination is truly a good one to look at for retubing any of the SF Line preamps. Good luck...