Anyone hear of the Black Cable Tie tweak?

Black Cable Tie Tweak. Just in time for Christmas!

Here's a fun little project. Count the number of drain spouts on your house or apt building - drain spouts are the long, 6" diameter vertical metal pipes that run from the roof gutters to the ground. You might know them better as waterspouts, downspouts, roof drain pipes or some other arcane word or terminology so don't bust my chops.

Obtain enough 14" black cable ties from Home Depot so you'll have one black cable tie for each drain spout. IIRC 14" black cable ties come in a pack of 10 which should be plenty unless you live in Buckingham Palace. If you encounter a drain spout that's too wide for the 14" cable tie, use two cable ties per drain spout. First, freeze the cable ties.

Place all cable ties in the freezer overnight (about 12 hours). Remove them the next day and allow to thaw to room temperature. Secure one black cable tie snugly around each drain spout at a point approximately one foot up from the bottom opening of the pipe near the ground.

After all cable ties are in place go listen to some favorite recordings.

Cheers, Geoff Kait
Machina Dynamica
Advanced Audio Concepts
128x128geoffkait
Yup I thought that I didn't smoke enough weed to understand a matter of a fact
I find different colored ties emphasize different frequencies. I had some work done on my roof one time and they had to remove the ties. Without the ties I thought I could buy something better than what I have at Walmart. That is how bad it seemed to sound. When they went back on I was in nirvana again. Anyway I got to wondering if it would work on other things. So I started to put them everywhere, on my ears, my car, ect. Well after putting them almost everywhere I left for work and when me and my wife came home after work I couldn't get into my house because of the ties on my door knobs. The lock smith couldn't even help me. I had to break in a window. Well my wife said no more wire ties. That was the end of that. That was the the day the music died. Now I have been trying other things to get that same effect. What I do is go to the hardware stores and seek out the bargain baskets and buy a little bit of everything and do different things with them but nothing and I mean nothing has matched using those wire ties. Yup those were the good old days. I wonder if they even make the wire ties as well as the use to. I doubt it.
It is common in debates about controversial tweaks for "believers" to say to "skeptics" something like "you can't say it doesn't work if you haven't tried it."

Perhaps this particular tweak serves as an illustration that there are finite limits to the applicability of that kind of statement, which is a point I've made in several of those debates.

Perhaps. :-)

Regards,
-- Al
Al, are you insinuating that since I haven't tried sex with a man yet that I might still enjoy the gay lifestyle?
Hmmmm......interesting concept. I suppose I am a skeptic at heart, even with all of the tweaks that I have tried. ;)

Merry Christmas to all!
John