Anyone hear of the Black Cable Tie tweak?

Black Cable Tie Tweak. Just in time for Christmas!

Here's a fun little project. Count the number of drain spouts on your house or apt building - drain spouts are the long, 6" diameter vertical metal pipes that run from the roof gutters to the ground. You might know them better as waterspouts, downspouts, roof drain pipes or some other arcane word or terminology so don't bust my chops.

Obtain enough 14" black cable ties from Home Depot so you'll have one black cable tie for each drain spout. IIRC 14" black cable ties come in a pack of 10 which should be plenty unless you live in Buckingham Palace. If you encounter a drain spout that's too wide for the 14" cable tie, use two cable ties per drain spout. First, freeze the cable ties.

Place all cable ties in the freezer overnight (about 12 hours). Remove them the next day and allow to thaw to room temperature. Secure one black cable tie snugly around each drain spout at a point approximately one foot up from the bottom opening of the pipe near the ground.

After all cable ties are in place go listen to some favorite recordings.

Cheers, Geoff Kait
Machina Dynamica
Advanced Audio Concepts
128x128geoffkait
Al wrote,

"No, John (Jmcgrogan2). Perhaps I was too subtle. My comment was a dig at those who seem to feel that it is never legitimate to reject a tweak "a priori," no matter how absurd the tweak may seem to be."

I hate to judge before all the facts are in but the folks you are scolding do not appear on this thread. Prevention is worth a pound of cure, eh? Lol

"It's what I chose to believe." - Dr. Elizabeth Shaw in Prometheus
Al wrote,

"It is common in debates about controversial tweaks for "believers" to say to "skeptics" something like "you can't say it doesn't work if you haven't tried it."

A debate? Is that what we're having? Cool!
In my early twenties my friends and I were enjoying a party about this time of the year, nice and cold with about a foot of snow on the ground. One of my inebriated friends was told that if he would strip down and run around the house buck naked one time he would receive a specific pharmaceutical somebody had. He removed his clothing and out the back door he went. We locked the door. By the time he got back around he was pretty damn cold, and now getting angrier by the second. It didn't take him long to go around front and try that door...which was locked also. Now he's really pi$$ed and is starting to yell at us, not thinking about the neighbors, who are now becoming aware of the situation. I almost pi$$ed my pants I was laughing so hard.
We finally felt sorry for him and let him in. Talk about pink! He didn't think it was very funny. Oh yeah, he didn't get that pharmaceutical he was after. True story.

What does this have to do with anything? Nonsense.
Theo has it DOWN!!
I vote for Theo's tweak.
Though it is funny that at least a few easily mesmerized folks seem to have success with this stuff.
How many people do you think have actually put a photo into the freezer???
Did you know that if you take or have taken a photo of yourself and keep it in deep cryo, it will stop the aging process?