2 Channel Pass Through for Home Theater

I would like to upgrade my 2 channel listening in my home theater room. Is there a way to hook up a class A audiophile preamp and processor to my home theater system so that I can get better sound when playing CDs? Any recommendations on Pre-amps and processors that are truly amazing. (I like tubes) How about the Audio Research Ref 1 or 2 with a DCS processor? Any help would be appreciated. Some of my current components: Proceed AVP processor Proceed PMDT transport 6 Bel (Brown Electronic Labs) Amps Audio Physic speaker system all around (Virgos, Celcius center and luna Subwoofer)
echo
I have a Rowland coherence 2 which has a dedicated passthrough. Excellent preamp, if you like the Rowland sound. My 2 front amps are 9Ti,s. The controller is a Theta Casa-2 David
djjd really provided a lot of good info. He mentioned the Sonic Frontiers Line 2 and 3 preamps (which are Class A). The Sonic Frontiers Line 1 also includes the SSP, is a lot less money (Which is Class B), and with high grade 7308's in the first position are really close to Class A. Just a little more info for your quest.
I second what Djjd said about the Nakamichi CA-1. I had one, but being used to the Yamaha DSP's of years back, I traded it in on a Lexicon DC-1 some time ago. As an audiophile two-channel device, the CA-1 was considerably better than the DC-1 IMHO. I have no complaints about the DC-1 when used as intended for home theatre, and music using the surround modes. I have a second dedicated two-channel system now in another room, so it's a moot point for me. I do beleive that the Nak CA-1 is an awesome piece for a combo HT/2 channel setup, and I've seen these used at a local store for fairly short money, and with the DTS upgrade. If you can take one home and try it, it may serve your needs very well! Paul
I believe the Muse Model 3 preamp might do what you need. Its solid state -- but a sweet, warm sound.