How about using a Denon AVR5800 with Martin Logans

I have aset if Martin Logan Aerius-i front speakers. I was thinking of getting ML Scripts as surrounds and either a Cinema or Theatre as center channel and driving it all with a Denon AVR 5800. Will this work and give descent HT and both 2 Channel and surround sound music. Thank Youall for any feedback.
dansloane
I had alot of diffrent high end components, but boy when i got the 5800 , it was awesome! looking forward to the 5803.
i cant belive what a fine piece Denon had made. it extremly powerful and clean. I would say it is the ulitmate all in one ht reciever made! btw I have my ML system tied in curently with a 5800 right now.
The Denon will not drive impedance loads as low as most Martin Logans go. (1.5-2.5) The denon is not intended to drive loads lower than 6 ohms. You might get lucky at 4 ohms for a brief time but I would forget about Martin Logans with that combination.
JC,
That's not true, before I bought my present 2/5 channel set up I had a Denon 2700, that drove 2 sequel's, a Logos, and 2 scripts in the rear. Never shut the receiver down once! wasn't real dynamic, but it worked.
I stand corrected. I still maintain though that logans dip to around 1.5 to 2 ohms at about 20khz. If you call Martin Logan and ask them if a receiver rated at 6 ohm minimum load will "properly" drive their speakers to their maximum potential I think they might better satisfy your quest for knowledge. I do know Denon doesn't recommend loads at below 4 ohms because I own a Denon and even went to the manual last night to verify. This is a quote from the manual.
"Speakers with an impedance of from 6 to 16 ohms can be connected for use as front and center speakers"
"The protector circuit may be activated if the set is played for long periods of time at high voulmes when speakers with an impedance lower than the specified impedance are connected".
I had an old Onkyo thx-919 and it also drove my logans, Sequel II's,Logos and Aerius as surrounds, as Statman stated, it worked It never shut down, but I did not realise how much better they could sound until I got my separates...