Opinion's on Showcase vs. TGIII vs MC-8

I need a new pre/pro to replace my Sony TA-E9000es. I want to have analog pass-thru for a multi-channel SACD/DVD-A player. You would think Sony would offer this since they created SACD. However, the only piece that Sony made (TA-P9000ES) has been discontinued. So now my search begins for a new pre/pro. I currently use Parasound amps (3x220W, and 2X205W) with JMLab Cobalt speakers all around. I will probably upgrade the whole system,but need to upgrade the Pre/Pro first. Please provide any input on the following processors.

Krell Showcase 7.1 - $3000
Sunfire TGIII - $2600
Lexicon MC-8B - $4500
Aragon StageOne - $3200

If I really want to stretch the bankroll.... Krell HTS 7.1 for $5500. would rather not have to spend that much, but If it's that much better than the others I may take the plunge.

Thanks in advance
Paul
capnizzy
any sugguestions what kind of dvd-a/sacd player to add to the tg3/cgss2 combo.... was thinking about the marantz 8300 or even the lex rt-10?
Marantz has a newer version the DV-8400 which I own. Has an upgraded audio section. Top notch SACD .
As for universal SACD/DVD-A players. I have not yet purchased one since I don't have a pre/pro that has 5.1 or more analog thru-put. However, when I had the TGIII in my home, I hooked up my Sony 555ES (from my 2-ch system) into the Sunfire. Sounded pretty damn good. The detail was all there, but no harshness at all, just slightly on the warm side, but I like that. David Bowies Heathen, and Pink Floyds'Dark Side were fantastic in surround. I'm not a huge fan of surround music... but these selections along with Beck's Sea Changes were very pleasing in surround. However, they sound terrific in 2ch also.
Once I decide on my pre/pro I'll be looking at the Marantz, and the new Denon 2900. I've heard good things about the Denon piece, well built, plays everything and msrp is 1K.