Best tube integrated--Cary SLI-80, or?

I'm thinking of replacing the Krell KAV 300i in my 2nd system (I know, it's not the most musical-sounding component in the world), to drive my B&W CDM1-SE's. Having become a tube addict, & kind of always wanting a Cary amp of some sort, I'm thinking of the SLI-80.

Questions: the latest version of the SLI-80 just came out; I'm thinking it's probably hard to find used as yet. Does anyone have any knowledge of how it compares with earlier versions? And, I have an older model VTL ST-85 around......I could either sell that, & put the $$ towards the Cary, or buy a used tube pre-amp to use with the VTL.

Any advice would be appreciated!
steveaudio
Jay, please take the time to post your thoughts on the 6922's. I think there are a bunch of us that would appreciate your comments. Thanks.
It is good to see all of the great feedback on the SLI-80. I am looking to buy a Cary integrated, but I was leaning towards an SEI 300. I have not heard the SLI-80, but have seen all the great reviews. Has anyone heard both? Does the SLI-80 have the ultra-liquid 3D soundstage of the 300B. Any input is appreciated.
I can't speak for the SLI80, but I owned the predecesser, the SLA80 power amp. The whole design might be different and I might be deaf, but I can tell you that in no way could you mistake this thing for a single ended triode design. The SLA 80 was a very "competent" 80 watt tube amp, but lacked the magic of single ended sound or even the magic of EL84 push pull sound. I like Cary the company, but feel that their best efforts result in SE amps.
I've been playing with NOS goodies in my SLI-80 as Jay states. There are a bunch of us (SLI-80 owners) and we are all overwhelmingly pleased with not only the amp, but the professionalism and great advice we get from the dealer we all bought them from, Kevin Deal.

The only thing we haven't agreed on yet, is which speakers are the best match with this amp. Though, Jay has just convinced me I need to go a pair of Meadowlarks (Shearwaters of Herons). So I'm going to do just that as soon as I can unload my Silverline and Soliloquy monitor/sub setup here on Audiogon.

The Rogue isn't in the same ballpark IMO.
There's a Cary SLI-80 for $2300 here on A'gon. The guy states that it is only 3 weeks old and getting rid of it because of his 11 month old.

Check out:

http://gonmain.iserver.net/cgi-bin/cl.pl?ampstube&995830146