loose tubes

qustions on a tube int amp anthem int 1, if i take the tube up a bit from there sockets so there not sitting in all the way the sound becomes a heck of a lot better in every way , will this hurt anything cause it does sound that much better thank you
128x128sonus
Here's a tweak just for you, Dekay: Teflon and cellulose tube sockets at $90/pair. http://www2.117.ne.jp/~y-s/soket.html
Hey, what'd I miss while over at Bottlehead? I only get 1 note and the other guys get three?
Thanks Kitch: I was thinking more on the lines of free or under $10 for enough material to do all of my tube sockets and also to isolate the four little "things" in a TDS Passive Audiophile from the chassis. My wife doesn't have any "cellulose" yet, so that's out.
Thanks Dekay for enlightening me. Makes sense actually, at my next tube rolling frenzy I must try it out.
In another vein, slightly lifting tubes changes the point of contact on the pins -- so, maybe better contact? You'll notice that the pins have small indentations at the point of contact with the base -- I used to sand the pins with very fine paper in order to clean the contact.