Small and satisfying. Please help me.

OK guys. You've got me on the right track for a 37" plasma for my bedroom. I want to do it with surround sound. My wife is gung ho but wants it sweet, simple, small and not ridiculous $ wise. I heard this 5 way Bose surround set-up and loved it. Had all the qualities I'm looking for. Can I do better? Space, remember, is the MAJOR factor. My bedroom, although nice size, is still my bedroom. Thanks in advance. warren
128x128warrenh
Will I be able to listen to regular TV programing through the integrated amp I will eventually have for my DVD and speakers?
Depends on how many audio inputs your integrated amp sports. If you're using it for DVD's, TV, and playing CD's on your DVD player, you need two
sets of L & R audio inputs, which most integrated amps should have. Then,
you just switch to the mode that corresponds with your DVD player for movies and the one that corresponds with your TV (audio inputs from your
cable box, satelite receiver, etc.) for television.
Hey Warren, do you live in an area that has lots of High Definition OTA (over the air) broadcasts?

I live in one of the five original major metropolitan areas that has had High Definition bouncing against my house for over five years. The quality of the picture is awesome and all of the networks now broadcast in HD and PBS is the best.

I have a projection system so what I have is not what you are looking for. Still, if you are close enough to the antennas or can get a decent UHF antenna then get yourself a HD receiver. I bought mine 'open box' for about $350.00 at circuit city and I am in Nirvana!

Also, the sound is digital so I run it through my higher quality DAC and this just makes it so good that I am watching less DVDs.
I leave in Point Lookout on Long Island. Right on the ocean. Not a good place for any kind of reception. Now, I get cable through Optimum. How do I go about making sure I can get HDT? Does it come automatically through my cable or is it a monthly fee they'll hit me for? warren
Call your local cable company, check out the satelite outfits, check with your current provider, see who has the best array of HD programming, what plans
they have for offering more in the future, what you need in order to receive
HD programming with your HD-Ready LCD screen, and how much it will cost to rent whatever needs renting and how much extra for the HD service, etc. In my area, the local cable company provides the HD Cable box and remote control and it costs $5 more per month for both the unit and the programming. HDTV is a HUGE improvement and will wonderful on your screen. If HDMI to HDMI can make DVD's look anything like HDTV -- that will be a great improvement and make the whole thing even more worth the trouble. I'm keeping an eye on the release of these HDMI DVD players and their reviews.