ready to drop the hammer an a new hk avr235

i'm about to buy a new or used avr. budget $500. nht's in the front. i like the hk avr235 so far. my question is can i use 2 of the 7 channels to add to the fronts somehow. this thing is only 50 wpc rms. would it be out of the question to mono 2 ch per side, hook this to the highs and use a seperate amp for the lows (100 watt carver tfm15). this would give me a treamounds amount of power, and i would be done, not looking around for a 5 ch amp. the other channels would be fine at 50 watts. 2 ch is most inportant to me. anyone who has tried this please let me know how it went. thanks in advance.
gmarcotte8f97
thanks for the sugestions, Elevick. i have realised that bi-amping is not really going to work. if i set the fronts to small speaker the bass amp will see nothing. i will probaly use the carver to power the whole speaker, like i'm doing now unless i can find a reciever with clearly more power. most recievers i've looked at have only 20 or 30 watts of headroom.

i will look into the denon and onkyo thx. onkyo was heavy, big transformer and caps, 100 wpc. about $700.

i am going to buy a nht center. rear ch is full size and sound about the same durring test tones. effecient and go down to about 32 hz. i would like them to help out with the effects.
my thinking was to use the hk as a preamp and get a good 3 ch amp for the front 3 in the future. i was looking at the specks on the onkyo tx ??702 and the amp section lookes to be as good as the carver im using. looking closely at the carver specks the 200 watt dynamic power rating is a 2 ohms so the onkyo amp looks to be almost exactly the same. actualy a little better if you look at the thd .08 at rated power. i hope it is not exagerated, like some of the other avr's.

if i am not going to have to buy a 3 ch amp my budget will go up to about 750. but the amp would still be an option down the road, i will not buy anything without pre-out.

thanks again everybody for sugestions and comments.
onkyo tx sr-702 or integra dtr-6.5. they are almost one and the same. power specks identical, s/n ratio is 6 dB higher on integra. integra has detachable power cord. both are 33.5 pounds and seem to have the same remote. $200 price diferance.

are they going to preform the same? which is a better deal?
$700 for the onkyo, $900 for the integra.
by the way i listened to the integra today, it powered a pair of macintosh speakers to almost consert level and sounded good.