What is the meaning of a true audiophile

To me, a true audiophile is one who constantly seeks acoustic utopia with non-utopian resources(=time & money).
ryllau
Nice quote craig! I think an audiophile is someone who cares about the music so much that they become obsessed with making it sound the best that they can.
To me a audiophile is someone is wants to hear music that can be reproduced with the same intensity, clarity, and emotion, that the artist had in mind. I believe this is especially true if you play an instrument. You know what a particular instrument sounds like and will not stand for it to sound any different. Hope this makes sense.
I am with South43, Cornfedboy and Kkirkpa on this - that the term Audiophile should at least refer to what we are trying to be, rather than some of the other suggestions here which represent the pitfalls we sometimes fall foul of. Otherwise we need another term, or else accept that we are not in pursuit of music at all.
In my dictionary, it comes right after Audionervosa. In reality, just before.
a true audiophile is anyone with the desire to get the best sound he/she can from the hardware available at any given moment. it could be from a $10 clock radio; it could be from a $100,000 dream system. from simple to complex, all you have to do is care.