Speaker cables for hybrid amp?

I am running a NY Audio Lab Moscode 300 hybrid power amp. It has a tube front end and MOSFET output transistors. I have been thinking about MIT cables biwired to my Vandersteen 2ci's and was wondering if the solid state or tube versions would be appropriate. I probably would buy from Audiogon and am a little uncomfortable going in to a dealer to get input. MIT never responded to my last email about another technical issue. Can anyone out there offer advise based on technical know-how or actual experience? Thanks
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xswampwalker
Thanks all. Any help is appreciated. With respect to underamp comment (Avguygeorge) Do you mean underpowered? Seems like more than enough oomph for my 14 x 22' room. CD is CAL 10 which I have just hooked up to the Soundstream DAC1 I bought here (seems like more detailed, lots of bass, maybe a little etched but have only operated for less than 2 hrs). Anyways, what I was really wondering about was if the amp "looks like" solid state or tube to the cable when it has a tube driver and ss output stage? All comments on upgrading with a modest budget are greatly appreciated. Currently using DH Labs T-14 cable run (2 single runs biwired per side).
When I say under-amped I refer to quality.I guess many people think "watts is watts";and thus think "bass is bass".Let me use an analogy: In tennis, running to get to the ball is only half as important as what you do with the ball when you get to it.Remember I own the 600. This is not merely an oinion.And I'm not 'dissin' mine or yours.In 1983/4 this was great sound for the buck.Pretty much a breakthru product for the price.Your 'Vandys'are capable of revieling more.When you're ready think about this as there are many ways to go,on the up-grade path, this is just"one" of the many. Trick is get the best speakers you can afford,later, money permitting,up-grade "Everything"too the level of the speakers.One piece can hold you back.I'm not saying it 'is' the Moscode;I don't know the rest of your system.
Thanks for your thoughts, esp. Avguygeorge. I am running ARC SP9mkII, CAL10, and the Vandys (2ci). I have been toying with the idea of a new amp, any thoughts out there.
Talk about coincidences .That was my pre, back then but just not mk2.I remember when I traded in my 9 on an Encore.Wow,what a step up.+they gave me900trade in.Really felt I had pulled a fast one on the dealer. AR & CJ have 2 things in common.Their lesser expensive pre's are not great value,but worth a lot used.Also had CJ pv6 or7.So when we are talking things I used to own I know where they stand against the rest.You have done the right thing.Get good speakers first.And next;your an Audiogon member. I think you know where I'm going with this-yes? The FEAST of used gear here is mind boggling.Don't buy cables yet, is my best advice.Cables would be a band aid. You're here asking questions;That tells me you want to move up.So getting the most"music" for the money to feed them speakers,and I see you like tubes, is what the abjective is.Start a thread-What amp-pre amp for Vandersteen's I dont know it all.There are some pretty smart guys out there.Vandy's have a loyal following, you'll get lots of suggestions.I'll repeat my first choice:Music Ref 9 mk2(12/14 hundred).For the pre: Sonic frontier line 1, If you don't do vinyl, CJ 12/14 if you do.Budget constraints may mean waiting.If you do the thread,I'll look in.Hope you don't think I'm looking down my nose at your eqpt.At this point I figure cables are not your primary need.No way I can tell how much you have or want to spend,but the advice is free.