Best MC Cartridge $300.00 or less

Decided to try a Moving Coil phone cartridge. Turntable is a Harmon Kardon T 60 and pre amp id Threshold FET 2. Any suggestions?
ferrari
Hi Gary. I've compared the Glider [both the HO and the LO versions] to the 10x4 and other than the tonality of the carts [the Glider having a warmer, less focused presentation], the differences in sound quality are not as great as the price spread might imply. The Benz beats the Dyna in terms of soundstage depth, but the Dyno is a faster, more detailed sounding transducer with tighter, deeper bass response and a greater sense of clarity. I don't know about you, but I prefer to make big jumps when upgrading. With that in mind, you may want to consider a Lyra Lydian Beta or a Transfiguration Spirit, if you're comfortable with a tonal balance similar to the 10x4, or a Dyna XX-1 or a Benz LO4 [the Dyna being more refined of the two] for a more lush, albeit less precise and focused, depiction of the recorded event. All four offer sizable gains in resolution compared to the 10x4 and the Glider. I used to run an EAR also, before I bought my Ayre a few years back, and had very good luck with JAN 5751s. They're very inexpensive and even if you don't like the resulting change in sound, they're kinda fun to play with [G]. Best Wishes, Felix
Felix-Thanks for the feedback. I think i'll be keeping my Dyna for a while. How do you like you Ayre preamp, I currently have an Ayre V3 amp which I love. Anything I put in it's place just doesn't sound as right to me. A truly under rated company. All the best-Gary
there's been lotsa good comments on the dyna 10X4; i'm looking forward to trying out the dyna karat 17 that's on its way. any comments as to what i might expect, compared to my ortofon mc-25fl, from someone that's heard 'em? thanks, doug
That was my last cart. (25fl)I think you should inform us your findings? Good luck!