Cables with the best highs

Thought I would throw this one out for discussion:

I'm looking for opinions from the community regarding speaker cables which excel at producing lovely and listenable highs.
bwhite
I am very happy with Zcable's "Live" balanced interconnect between my SACD source and preamp. They have a 30 day evaluation program and exceptional concern for customer satisfaction. Their lower priced "Jazz" cable is supposed to excellent but is only available in single-ended configuration. I am also using both of their power cords, and can recommend them as well. The Zcable website is www.zcable.com
Sorry, I didn't notice the "speaker" part of your cable recommendation request. I am using Zero autoformers instead of speaker cable with spectacular results with OTL amps.

Walker Audio has a Mk. II version of their High Definition Links out and I highly recommend checking these out. They will probably tame any high frequency stridency you may currently have.

God bless.
Given the "speed" of your speakers, your response to the Kimber on the upper octaves is not surprising (lack of air in harmonic core of note, energy loaded at the attack transient, etc.). Money doesn't seem to be an issue here, so with that in mind:

1. NBS Statement series I Blue sheath
2. Purist Audio Dominus Rev B
3. AudioNote (Kondo) KSL

The NBS will slaughter the Kimber on the mids and highs; AudioNote will best Cardas on the lows. My recommendation, however, is to use a speaker cable from one manufacturer (although I do recommend in many instances using IC's and spkr cable from different makers). Purist is a nice compromise. If it was me, and I was an experimenter with money falling from a tree in my yard, I'd listen to the NBS/AudioNote combo. Just don't be surprised that as your sytem improves in "musicality" (the ability of a stereo to catalyze a deepening musical perception in the listener's mind) that at those deeper levels, you perceive discontinuities when cables are matched, even good ones.

It would also help to know the rest of your system, IC's & PC's included, and, if an issue, whether you listen to digital or analog predominantly, and, of course, listening preferences.
Asa, As I have been trying to tame a live room in a new, furnitureless house, I have migrated my system from Chord Amps/Pre and Marantz SA-1 to 100% Electrocompaniet. I/C's are currently Nordost Quattro Fil from my CD to the pre-amp and I use a Cardas Golden Cross I/C from pre to amp.

I have a Shunyata Viper V2 on the EMC-1 24/192 CD, a Cardas Golden PC on the Amp and a Shunyata Sidewinder on the pre.

The sound is "close" to what I am looking for but could use help. I've spent a significant amount of time over the past several months swapping components and especially cables.

As for cable with the highs (the root of this thread), I currently use a run of Audioquest Sterling.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Given solid state system, I would:

1. Cardas Golden Ref IC's all around.
2. Sterling is good spkr cable for bass(great application for subs actually), but you should go with Purist Proteus Rev B for cable on all the runs. Go with above recommendation and get a tri-wire.
3. Dump the Cardas PC on the amp (!) and find yourself an original Electraglide Fatboy PC.
4. Upgrade Viper to King Cobra on CD, version I, not II.
5. Work on the pre PC. Switch the Viper over from the CD to start off.
6. Take the Nordost out back and shoot it.
7. Get some furniture, rugs, plants, etc. At this level of system juggling, until you do you are just listening to slap echo at all frequencies. You'll run around in circles forever.

Good luck.