Dustcovers.. on or off...

Curious as to who does what..I've always read that a dustcover left on is akin to an antenna for vibrations. I usually remove mine when doing serious listening, just wondering what everyone else thinks about the subject...
winoguy17
NO dustcover ever, for the above reasons, I now have gone even so far as having the turntable and the first chain of amplification in a different room to where the speakers are.
now, now, those wild highlanders again, but I definitely do agree....off with it and not even a hat left on!!
I have to disagree. Perchance California is a dustier place than most but the dustcover keeps the dust out. The finest phono equipment sounds like crap when a piece of dust attaches itself to the stylus. Keeping the dust cover on keeps the dust down quite notably. If you don't have a dustcover how do you prevent dust build up?
hmmm. are your floors packed dirt or clay? ;^)
seriously, if you take the record out just before playing and return it to its sleeve afterwards,very little contamination will result.
Use the dustcover or place an old beater record or mat on the platter when the table is not in use.
Ken