High Quality FM Tuner - Advice

My needs are simple. A tuner that has great sound and can bring in distant stations, in stereo, quietly. I have the right roof antenna system with a MD Signal Sleuth. I read about Magnum Dynalab, Fanfare, Linn, Accuphase, old Macs and Yamahas. I have the budget, if i can find the right unit. Your thoughts?
bsm
The Magnum Dynalab 102 is absolutely the best! I have three tuners, including the Fanfare FT-1A and like the MD's sound and meters the best. No remote, though, which the Fanfare has. Both available used at good prices. Also, you can find the Day Sequerra used for about $2800. Good luck!
i would go for tube mac or marantz 10b. rich detailed sound that only tubes can provide.
I agree with JVR. I've owned the Marantz and the Mac and they killed any tuner I pitted against it, and that included many of those mentioned here.Properly calibrated and given a good signal the sound is magical.
the accuphase t-109v is the best tuner i've yet heard, save for the original day sequerra. plus, it's gorgeous to my eyes and built to last as long as a roman aqueduct. -kelly
hey cornfed, i'd be curious how the accufaze stacks up agains yer onix bwd1 w/soap. the onix, a minimalist tuna, is quite a bit nicer than the magnum ft101a, & the equal of the naim nat-01, imho. while rare on the market, these are a steal at the $300-$600 they usually go for...

also, the revox tunas are excellent, tho a tad-bit leaner sound than the onix. at least my b261 is... i found a great price on a revox b760, so i yust bought it, even tho i don't really need it. i can't wait 'til it arrives! ;~) re: the tandbergs, the 3001/3001a is the one to get - an excellent piece. if it hasn't been serviced recently, yule pay some bucks to have it serviced. these tunas have well-known service issues... forget about the 3011 - i bought one used, w/a week return-policy - it dint sound as good as my old adcom gft-1a, so back it went. for cheap, actually i'd recommend the gft-1a - the sonic equal of the magnum gft-101.

doug s.