Long interconnects or speaker cables?

I've just purchased a new amp and may need to reconfigure my listening room and I'm wondering, which is better a long interconnect run and short speaker cables or the opposite? I'm running the preamp out jacks of a Bryston B-60 into a conrad-johnson premiere 11a.
128x128jond
I thought as everyone here that short speaker cable and long interconnects are better then the opposite. I think I will retract my previous statement: I went from 1.5 meter long Eclipse III to 3.0 meter long Eclipse III. Without changing anything else, the longer cable sounded much much better. I found out that Pierre Sprey at Mappleshaderecords do not advocate the use of very short speaker cables. He suggests that any speaker cable will sound best between 8 to 16 feet. Too short a cable or too long and you will lose. My last trial tends to support his view. I will try his Double Helix speaker cable...
Samir. My experience with the Wireworld speaker cables is that they are of at least moderate capacitance. I wonder if the longer length is therefore giving you a more relaxed and distant sound (or to put it another way, a less forward sound) and that this is what you prefer? Can you describe what you like about the longer length and the amp you are using? I am interested because I have had the opposite experience when shortening Wireworld Gold Eclipse - ie. I liked shorter lengths, but this was because I preferred the greater immediacy.
Speaker connections are low impedance and therefore immune to interference. Make the speaker wires long and the interconnects short.