SME V tonearm versus Rega tonearms on Michell Orbe

Does anyone have experience comparing the SME V tonearm on a Michell Orbe turntable with a Rega arm, either a stock Rega RB 900, RB 600, RB 300 or RB 250, or a modified Rega arm (e.g. Origin Live RB250)? I am interested in using either a Benz Micro Ruby 2 or Koetsu Urushi as the cartridge. If you can give advice regarding sound or set up capabilities, that would be most appreciated.

Scott
casaross
Extremephono, you have just commited a sin! Blasphemy against an untouchable component in the high end audio circles...

The Rega arm is REFERENCE in reviews and, as such, epitomizes class, finesse and status.

Just my .02.
I forgot to add that the anti-skating on the RB250 could never be adjusted to spot-on accuracy. Forget about putting any worthy cartridge on this arm, as it will be ruined after couple hundred hours, the cantilever would have slanted to one side, for lack of compensation.

This can be fixed, I use a cotter pin to screw to the left cartridge mounting screw. Adjusting the span of the cotter pin and careful setup with HFNRR at least bring the anti-skate to within a workable range.

So, after you purchase the RB250, added the mod, don't forget, you'll need a cotter pin!

www.norega.com (OK, this is a joke, not my URL..)
Rather than spend the extra $$ on an SME V, get an SME IV.6. I have one on an Orbe (using an old Spectral catridge) and I think the combination is sensational. There are a couple of options you can get with it which will bring it very close in functionality to the SME V, but will end up saving you about $1000.