anyone impressed by better IEC plugs?

I have tried cords and now wonder about the better ($30) replacement IEC chassis A/C parts. The ones I am interested in are all copper... The standard ones are steel. Any experience out there? (the naysayers, or "can't POSSIBLY be heard".. can stay OUT of this thread, thank you.
elizabeth
I seriously doubt that changing from a stock IEC outlet to a fancy IEC outlet will make a sonic difference.

!!However!! Changing a stock power cord that is built into a component by cutting it off and adding an IEC male outlet to the chassis will make a difference. I just tried this yesterday with my TV. I replaced the stock cord by cutting it close to the back panel and attaching a IEC outlet to the stub of cord left. I then used an Electra Glide cord and WOW!
Also, I got the IEC male connector for 99 cents from a local electronic supply store! You might find an "audiophile grade" outlet for $50 somewhere, but I think that the power cord is more important.
IEC MALE SOCKET: THE HOT THING!!
Furutech $30.00 all copper available at: Gutwire
All this is internet gossip and I am just passing it along, I cannot verify if it is true at this moment
If you want a fancy IEC, you can get one from Electra Glide. I just found out that they have a gold plated IEC outlet.