How can power cords make a difference?

I am trying to understand why power cords can make a difference.

It makes sense to me that interconnects and speaker cables make a difference. They are dealing with a complex signal that contains numerous frequencies at various phases and amplitudes. Any change in these parameters should affect the sound.

A power cord is ideally dealing with only a single frequency. If the explanation is RF rejection, then an AC regeneration device like PS Audio’s should make these cords unnecessary. I suppose it could be the capacitance of these cables offering some power factor correction since the transformer is an inductive load.

The purpose of my post is not to start a war between the “I hear what I hear so it must be so” camp and the “you’re crazy and wasting your money,” advocates. I am looking for reasons. I am hoping that someone can offer some valid scientific explanations or point me toward sources of this information. Thanks.
bruce1483
Jhunter. I just spoke to Jim Aud of Purist Audio Design. Jim has graciously offered the (temporary) loan of a Dominus Power cord for your testing. If you will contact me via the Audiogon e-mail system, and give me your physical address, the cable will be sent directly to you freight prepaid.

I will most likely get my Acrotec cables back this next Tuesday, and I will ship them separately.
this is *great*!!! i *love* it!!! now, all we need is for 702 & stevemj to agree to try 'em...

doug s.

Thank-you Albert, you are a great person! I look forward to your report Jhunter.
Albert -

Thanks for setting this up; I'll contact you separately with the details. It'll be interesting and educational; of course, I run the fairly high risk of ridicule from one side or the other depending on the findings. Either I'll be accused of terrible hearing (if I don't hear anything) or improper testing (if I do). I'll do my best to insure that neither is the case, but it will have meaning for me irrespective of the outcome.

Cheers,
JHunter
Jhunter, I can assure you from my view you will not be attacked for trying, that's all any of us have asked for. I support your test and will accept your findings for what they are, education.