What was your latest LP find??

Women and shoes...men and vinyl. Ahh, I get it now. I really don't need another copy of my fav' album, but I still have to look.

I really enjoy flipping through the piles of records above and below, and when the blood circulation is cut off and I can't feel my legs, then it's time to move to the next tier or tandem.

My latest find was a SEALED MFSL-Japanese super vinyl pressing of David Bowie - The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust & Spiders from Mars. Sticker price read $15.00 I have 2 copies already, a vinyl copy and a cd copy. Well..."I've got to have it, it's cheap!"

So the next time the little lady wants to buy shoes, make certain there's a record shop close by.
dogpile
Thanks to Lugnut, I finally did get my copy of "Rickie Lee Jones" on MFSL. It just goes to show you how good the people on this site can be. In just a couple of hours, we arranged a mutually beneficial vinyl trade. This is what it's all about, guys! Thanks, Patrick!
The JVC direct to disk recording called "Sugarloaf Express" featuring Lee Ritenour, Harvey Mason, Abraham Laboriel, Patrice Rushen, and Dave Grusin. If my memory serves that means the album was cut live in the studio without benefit of recording to tape. This album sound spectacular; the content is pretty good, too.

Scored a Monk Live in Tokyo; unopened. And, an "All Things Shall Pass" with all posters, inserts etc; the original George Harrison three record set for 8 bux in pristine condition. Lots more; just started listening to them.
I just posted this under a seperate thread, but maybe you vinyl heads can riddle me this:
I have this "Elvis for Everyone" LP. Took it from my parents house when they moved, years ago. The date on the lower right corner on the back of the album is 1965. It's on the RCA Victor lable. It has not been opened, it's still in the shrink wrap and it appears to be in very good condition. Is Elvis still a hot item? Anyone have any idea what it's worth? (Obviously, I haven’t owned a turntable in years)…
Lanman,

I don't have a clue what the album is worth. Open it up and play it. Elvis memorabilia will always be desireable opened or not. Tom, thanks for the positive feedback. Do wa ditty ditty dittos. :)

Happy listening,
Patrick

Cecil Taylor, "Silent Tongues," a live mid-70s lp I got on eBay for a cool four bucks, sealed. I'm listening to it right now. The man is utterly unbelievable. I get the same feeling listening to him as when reading Faulkner or Joyce--it's hard to believe that a human being can DO that.