Musical Fidelity A324 DAC as good as Tellig says?

I was wondering if anyone out there has purchased or heard the new Musical Fidelity A324 Upsampling DA Coververter yet? Sam Tellig raved about it in the April Recommended Components Issue of Stereophile. He placed it firmly in "Class A" saying it was about as good as any digital he's ever heard, at any price! And all for $1195. I have got to hear one of these units. I am currenly using a Arcam FMJ CD23 and I love it. I wonder how much of an improvement I might realize adding to the MF to my system. Any thoughts, comments, rants would be greatly appreciated.

cheers!

bobC

Arcam FMJCD23
Melos Maestro Preamp
Musical Fidelity A3cr PowerAmp
B&W Nautilus 803's
Rel Strata Sub
Kimber select 1021 IC's
Kimber Monocle XL & Select 3033 (bi-wire)
Kimber PK 10 Gold Power Cables
cbob
Bob, I still think your weakest link is your CDd player. I know of another cool thing you can think of doing for your system. If you email me I'll go over some of that stuff. It, so you have an idea, has to do with a LC. I can also give you more info about the Audio Aero Prima CD player which I do believe will set you free.
warren
Hey Warren,

Are you talking about a line conditioner? I've been considering something passive like a Changlightspeed. I am currently running everything through cheap computer strips but they've sounded damn good until: My last cable upgrade. I seem to have lost some synergy. I upgraded my Kimber Silver Streak (CD to Preamp) and PBJ (preamp to amp) with Kimber Select 1021. I also replaced the stock powercords on my CD, Preamp & Amp with Kimber PK10 Golds. I've had everything burning in for over two weeks but it still sounds a bit compressed and less involving than before. My Amp incorporates a choke to clean up the affects of dirty power. I think I may try replacing the stock power cords one at a time to see if that's the problem. I can't imagine the Kimber Selects are causing any problems. I think they're considered some of the best available out there. Any thoughts?
Yes indeedee. You have no idea, or maybe you do, what this can do for your system. I purchased, and have been running for 3 weeks the Audio Magic Stealth LC.(they call it a purifier/whatever) This is the best thing I have done for my system in 6 years. Did lots of homework on all the others. Not enough time to get into it. It was the Audiogoners that turned me on to it and set me free. I waas considering the PS Audio 300 & 600, the Shunyata Hydra and other costly ones, but this is what I finally went with. It was some interesting posts here and there that lead me to this. It's quite amazing. I've got lots of the ubiquitous, audiolingo superlatives, and then some, but if you're really interested drop me an email and ask away. This is one inexpensive, by my standards, component that will affect every component you have that runs on electricity. And all the benefits will go to your speakers, if they can handle them. And if they can't? Well, there's always something else out there.

warren
Though I'm not familiar with the unit Warren is talking about, I will say concerning power conditiong that of all my source compenents, by far the most marked differences to be heard were realized with my digital separates. But an equally important aspect of that treatment to the filtering was running balanced AC. I have an API Power Wedge Ultra, which lets you switch on the fly between +120/-0 and +60/-60, and it really shows its worth on CD playback, even when I engage balanced on only the transport, the jitter-box, or the DAC individually, and the effects add right up when all three are fed the balanced AC together. (By contrast, I can tell no difference between balanced and regular filtered AC when supplying it to my tube preamp.)
Well, history did not repeat itself...see my further thoughts, comments and rants in a new post titled "Upsampling Put To The Test", which they should throw up there today if they don't decide that it's inappropriate! (And bring a bag lunch and take the phone off the hook - it's a real mutha 4 ya!)
:-)