Upsampling DACS: Take the Pepsi Challenge

HAs anyone used 2 of the following 3 relatively inexpensive upsampling DACs: Perpetual technologies, Bel Canto, MSB Link 3 with upsampling upgrade?? I am trying to sort out the details of the new technologies. The Perp Tech can "interpolate", while the others do not. I am under the impression that the "24 bit" part of this new technology has to do with s/n ratios aroung 140 db, which is great, but a little useless considering the other equipment in the system. The sampling freq is the part that has me all aflutter, because it seems to be getting closer to analog quality "infinite sampling" if you will... What do you think? Has anyone compared these dacs?? Thanks, gang.
gthirteen
Joe; for a 25 year old you certainly have a mature and positive outlook on life. I read your long post carefully and it's excellent-- I share your views, and apologize for contributing to some of the negativity found here. The only quibble I chose to mention (and it's minor) is that I would not be "in awe" of meeting people such as J. Atkinson or audio industry leaders, but of course I would be pleased to meet them. But that's my perspective at age 57, and after completion of a 32 year career as a Senior Forest Soil Scientist (last 15-16 years) with the Dept. of Interior here in Oregon. I only mention my profession to let others know something about me. Men (especially) often define themselves by their professions, businesses or job(s) etc., and I would be interested in knowing about others in this regard. But it is seldom ever noted here on Audiogon; as a positive example, I respected David99 for telling us he was a nurse as that tells me a lot about him. Carl, what pray tell, does PI mean? As I want to know what kind of a blowhard I am (if you're referring to me)? And I'm glad to hear that you and Deborah1 and her husband have become email friends. I had occasion to exchange emails with her too-- nice lady. I hope she'll come back on Audiogon. Cheers (and I mean CHEERS). Craig.
My thanks to Kevin Halverson at MUSE for posting his explanation of up and over sampling-- I just read and copied it-- it's great. And I agree with Treyhoss' post above-- it caps this confusing issue nicely. Thanks. Craig.
You guys are unbelievable. Carl, take a pill, or two. How can a topic such as this get so many people so worked up? Really, who gives a flyin' f**k about upsampling DACS unless you're selling them ? CHILL!!!!!!!!
Was anyone else out there forced to read the "Transactions of the Royal Academy" between Newton, Huygens and Hook over the refraction of light? Once you got past all the s's looking like f's it's a pretty hilarious account of the science, a la Newton, vs. the B.S. from Hook, and thirty years later, I think Linus, with his "homonculus", the little guy that bends the light. Anyway, this thread reminded me of that, it only remains to assort the cast of characters. A little knowledge is truly a dangerous thing and apparently breeds bad manners. Of course that didn't keep me from splitting my sides.