Upgrade LP 12 or...

I've recently rediscovered my vinyl, but I'm not going to give up digital. I have an LP 12 with an aging Troika, Ittok LVII, Valhalla and Cirkus, and I'm considering some upgrades. If I go the Lingo, Ekos II and Akiva route, it is really going to add up (Akiva around $3500, Ekos about $2750 and Lingo $1600). That's a bunch of dough, and I wonder if I can do better for the same money or less. I listen to about 80% rock/pop/folk/progressive, 15% classical and 5% jazz. I've been interested in the Teres, Wilson Benesch Circle, new P9 and Acoustic Signature turntables. Something that is easy to set-up and maintain would be a plus for me. If I change turntables, I'll probably replace the entire rig. What do you think?
thsalmon
If I could I'd seriously consider the Teres, or the Sota Cosmos TT. But I can't!
I'd have my present rig tuned up, get a new cartridge like a high-end Koetsu or the Arkiv/follow-on, consider the Lingo. Then I'd work on the placement of the table in order to minimize acoustic and environmental feedback.
I was a long-time Linn LP 12 owner. I followed the upgarde path from Ittok to Ekos, Vahalla to Lingo, Cirkus etc. I had a Koetsu Rosewood signature and then a VDH Black Beauty on it.

I recently went to a VPI TNT Mk V with JMW 12.5 arm. (I still use the VDH BB) This was by far the best upgrade I did.

To my mind the LP 12, while it sounds good, was very light, and also indistinct and "boomy", in the bass area. (Yes mine was set up by a Linn tech and the "bounce" was right on). While other areas have improved as well, this was the most noticeable difference. It was so dramatic that I don't think I could live with an LP 12 again, knowing how much is missing in that region. Given the extent of the upgrade you are talking about, I would suggest moving to another table that doesn't suffer from the Linn's deficencies.