Cd direct to power amp

I have a Wadia 830 cd player, currently connected to a Krell integrated and Aerial Acoustic 6bs. I am thinking about connecting directly to a power amp, and would like to know thoughts and experiences. I am considering Bryston, Classe and Krell. I know I can bypass the Krell preamp, but at this time, I only have balanced interconnects and the amp part of the krell integrated only accepts rca. I would appreciate hearing your experiences and suggestions. Thanks,blbloom
blbloom
I recently sold my Audio Research preamp and now have my Wadia 850 runing directly into my McCormack DNA.5 via Nordost SPM. I must admit this is the best my system has sounded. I was a little afraid regarding the loss in resolution but to my experiece I have not had any issues in this department. I don't seeing myself putting a preamp back in my system at all. I will spend the money on a Wadia upgrade instead.
Randalleron - If you adjust the output to keep the average listening level near "85" or so, then you cannot get listening levels whre you want them for certain CDs recorded at a lower level, or when you are in the mood for some punch!! If you adjust the output internally to allow for that, average listening levels end up being in the 70's - too much bit-chopping. I think first impressions are that direct is better - again the clarity increases. But, to my ears, so does listening fatigue and "cringing" during certain passages. We have to be careful searrching for the holy grail of "detail" as I feel it leads to systems that are far too analytical. Music is not analytical ... it is music.