Cartridge suggestions for around 2K

I am thinking of upgrading my cartridge and would love to hear some of your opinions about which way to go. I am currently using a low output Grado Reference through an ARC Ref. phono pre with Aries/JMW 10. I would like to try a MC, but wonder about loading and output through the ARC as well as compatability with the JMW. I listen to a lot of acoustic music, Rock/Blues etc.
cmo
Jackcob, yes Mr. SALVATORE is a little different, and that's what makes him special. His site is a must read.

I think he along with his associates hit the mark on a lot of their choices. If you do not trust them, whom do you trust?

Jackcob have you bought your new cartridge yet?

Ron
It was this Salvatore guy who got me wandering about new carts in the first place. If nothing else he does make one think a little further into the audio journalism scene and the opinions/views we Audionuts seem to take as gospel. I find him rather refreshing, but still wonder if he's on the level.
Cmo, Salvatore has one perspective, but he has not personally heard that many cartridges. i think his web-site is valuable in that it will make you think for yourself.....which is the best advice.

in my personal cartridge experience i have found that the vdH Colibri XCP is the best cartridge i have heard. it is $6k retail, but can be purchased on audiogon for under $2k. i also have the Koetsu RSP II ($5500 list) and the Clearaudio Insider Gold ($7600 list). i much prefer the XCP to these 2 cartridges as more dynamic, detailed and explosive.

i have spent quite a bit of time with the Helikon and Benz Ruby.....neither of which is competive with the Insider or Koetsu.....so the Colibri XCP is a few levels better than those.

i also have the Colibri XWG which has a mytlewood body and gold coils, which is slightly less explosive and dynamic than the XCP, which has a polycarbonite body and copper coils. the XCP outputs .85mv and the XWG outputs .65mv.....so both will be easy to drive and create a lower noise floor than many other of the better MC's.
Ron:

I am not in the market for a new cartridge. I'm sticking with the vdh Black Beauty.