Live DSD recording at Stereophile Show

I was looking through the Stereophile website and saw that Diversity Records will record two separate groups on Saturday afternoon.

http://stereophile.com/shownews.cgi?1651

http://www.diversityrecords.net/
jacks0395
And who cares about owning SACDs of Ecstasy In Numbers and the Kevin Jones Band? Recording groups like this, is why SACD is going no where.
The same could have been said about Nora Jones a short while back, before she was discovered. Some new music is worth exploring.

Personally I find it refreshing that it's not another re-release of an old title I already own.
Here's a SACD worth owning: Concord ccd2-9041-2
Chick Corea- "Rendezvous in New York"
2-SACDs - Retail $19.98

Live DSD recording-features Corea in duo settings with master vibraphonist Gary Burton, vocalist Bobby McFerrin and pianist Gonzalo Rubalcaba. There are three trios: the "Now He Sings, Now He Sobs" group with bassist Miroslav Vitous and drummer Roy Haynes; Akoustic Band with bassist John Patitucci and drummer Dave Weckl; and New Trio comprising bassist Avishai Cohen and drummer Jeff Ballard. Corea also leads a quartet (the Three Quartets Band with tenor saxophonist Michael Brecker, bassist Eddie Gomez and drummer Steve Gadd); a quintet (the "Remembering Bud Powell" band with Terence Blanchard taking trumpeting duties); and a sextet (Origin, with clarinetist Steve Wilson, bass clarinetist Tim Garland and trombonist Steve Davis in addition to Cohen and Ballard).
Sounds good except for the inclusion of Bobby McFerrin.

I'll never forgive him for "Don't Worry, Be Happy." That rates near the top in my "most hated." Perhaps even worse than "Crocodile Rock" by Elton John.

I like the others though, especially Gonzalo Rubalcaba. It would be fun to hear his rendering of Bud Powell. I have several of Powell's releases, he is truly a remarkable pianist.
You won't be saying "Who cares about ... Ecstasy in Numbers and Kevin Jones Band" once you hear them. Like Albert, I have heard them, and they are very good. The Diversity Records recordings that I've heard are unmatched in dynamics and resolution, making it difficult to listen to other recordings afterwards, the recording quality is superb.

This live DSD recording is one of the most exciting things to happen for SACD lately. Perhaps you can give them a listen, Kana813? Will you be attending HE2003?

By the way, I own the "Rendevous in New York" SACD. It is nice to hear Steve Gadd again. I've been a fan of his since the 70's when he worked with Joni on the "Miles of Aisles" live album. I've seen in "Mix" magazine that he has kept busy as a studio musician throughout the years, though I'd always hoped that he'd make several albums himself. Always the Brides-maid, never the Bride, I suppose.

Kind regards,
Brian