Theta GenVa Upgrade

I want to upgrade my DAC and have been waiting for Theta to come out with their Gen VI, but I am starting to wonder if they will ever produce it. They have a habit of announcing products years before they produce them and given all of their attention to surround processors lately I am starting to wonder if they will produce a Gen VI at all. Any suggestions on a DAC in the $5000-6000 range that would improve on the sound of the Gen Va? I have been considering the MSB Platinum DAC. Thanks
mchd1
I have e-mailed Theta several times over 2000 inquiring when the VI would be out. The last I heard was this conming March but someone from Theta(Neil Sinclair?) was quoted in Stereophile over two years ago saying they would be out with the VI in fall of 98'! I know they put highest priority on the Casablanca upgrade and hopefully the VI is next! I really like my Jade/Gen Va combo with laserlinqe but there probably are better sounding units available. I keep hanging on hoping they come out with a mod soon or I will sell the Theta gear and look elsewhere. Tim
I have a Theta Va and was wondering what the "96K" mod does, exactly. Theta tells me it is NOT 24/96. Comments from you guys who have it? Incidently, a Genesis Digital Lens between your transport and the Va will do wonders.
I have not had the the 96k mod done to my Gen Va but it is my understanding that it upgrades the unit to 20 bit/96k and not 24 bit/96k. The upgrade allows for the decoding of 24/96 DVDs(not the new DVD-audio discs). It does not do any upsampling. Since there are so few 24/96 DVDs(Chesky stuff primarily) I never went with the upgrade.
A few additional comments. I'm using a Data III transport and a Digital Lens does improve the sound of the Pro Gen Va. I've been a big Theta fan since way back but the Gen Va is old enough now that it has a noticable a gap compared to other units. Based on my direct experience I think the MSB Platinum has fantastic sound for the money though there may be other equally good units out there that I havn't heard. But I'm very sure that the dCs units are still the state of the art.
elgordo, pls1, have you tried single mode laser linque? I've never used the genesis but after getting the theta single mode installed on the jade/gen va, imho,I don't see how you could do better. Tim