Enough Gain?

Ok So I'm finally going to up grade from my Grado Blue, but want to keep the spending below $200. Will my Rega MM Preamp provide enough gain for some of the MC cartridges that are loaded at 47,000 ohms? The Rega has 36.5 dbs of gain. This cartridge is going on a Rega 3. Any suugestions? I listen to hard rock(Pink FLoyd), to hard jazz(Coltrane).I also enjoy shakuhaci flute music and new age. So there you go.
colitas
Your Rega preamp may provide enough gain for a HIGH output MC, but it probably won't load it correctly. On top of that, i don't know of any MC's in that price range that are great performers AND offer high output levels. There might be an Audio Technica model ( can't remember ), but other than that, nothing comes to mind. Sean
>
Grado's no mate to Rega check the old posts.
Use MM with at least 5mV output. I'd go with Rega Elys that has 7mV.
Thanks for all the advise. As far as moving coils are concerned I was thinking of the Dynavector 10*5 which is loaded at 47,000ohms, which I believe is what most MM's are loaded at? There was some for sell on Ebay for $215. The output is around 2.2 I believe, don't quote me. Could I run the Dynavector through the Rega preamp with that medium range output, would I want to? I should have expressed this in my original email. Hey Markanetz have you heard the Elys from Rega. There isn't much I could find in the archives. Also because it has a higher output(7) vs. the Grado(5)does this mean that I could turn down the volume to get the same volume as compared to the Grado Blue?