Is anyone else getting annoyed with...

dealers posting tons of ads for new gear at MSRP in the classifieds? One outfit from Cambridge MA has 16 ads for Nordost Cables in the classifieds instead of the "buy it new" section. They are not building any good will by wasting my time as I page back and forth through each. Yeeeshhh!

C.
fly_fish_nz
Fatparrot makes a good point. Another is those ads similar to a currnet one under dealer demos for tube amps. "Someone's lucky day, special price, $1.00". Then following the links takes you to a $19,900 retail amp for the bargain price of $14,995.

All this brings up the possibility that ad postings might be better segmented on the 'Gon. On the other hand, I appreciate that things should be as open as possible and that people and dealers should act within a certain, self-enforced decorum, without resorting to the use of a "heavy hand". Most individuals and dealers here are as honest as the day is long (though my days seem to be short!) and "rogues", as always, ruin it for the rest. Guess the best we can all do is be careful, do our homework, and ignore those ads we don't like or are too good to be true. A pity that some of these ads ARE a total waste of everyone's time or are but a lure to "get your attention" and sell you SOMETHING.
Sugarbrie, I don't think their marketing strategy is a very good one. Excuse me if I sound snobish, but I don't think Audiogoners are the cretinous types who fall for that obnoxious approach to advertising - I think it turns people away. I agree that advertisers should mind where they post.
I sincerely hope that A'goN does something to remedy this. It's becoming increasingly prevalent and truly distracts from the "browsing" experience. While it may seem a good strategy for advertisers, it's a real slippery slope for AudiogoN. I don't believe that the AudiogoN constituency (card-carrying, discussion-forum-posting members such as ourselves) is interested in NEW products cluttering up the classified section.

I can handle the occasional mis-guided posting for Kenwood CD players, but this is getting ridiculous!
If you have bandwidth when viewing this site, then the annoyance would be lessened because of less hang time.

I certainly do not mind any of the ads. I am happy just to see a place to purchase and sell more and more product.

If I don't like the way the ad is presented for something I am interested in, I will not buy the product. Not every seller has good taste, but they are trying to sell to me and that is fine.
Stealth93es: I chose the redhead and have been paying for it ever since! :)