Saddended by the death of Maurice Gibb

One of rock's greatest vocal groups is no more. I found their music to be timeless. You will be missed, Maurice.
Ag insider logo xs@2xkira
Since other grown men have come out of the closet to admit they appreciate the Bee Gee's I can now confess how much I love The Bee Gee's Greatest Hits Volume 1. Great music even today..I only wished I could have had the courage to be the first to admit my devotion.
Although I can appreciate the Bee Gee's accomplishment with Saturday Night Fever, that is ultimately not my type of music (but I'll listen to it when it comes on the radio). All the Bee Gee's records I own (and that may just be everything they put out from the mid-60's through the early 70's) predate the disco era, including some comp's of their Australian/British-only early stuff never originally released in America. There's a high degree of chaff amongst the wheat (they were prolific), and even the highlights are not competition for the best groups of their day, but pull together the good stuff and you've got a pretty damn enjoyable collection of timeless pop (and even a few rockers). Barry was the main songwriter, but Maurice was a solid secondary contributor in this department. I have somewhat of a love/hate relationship with their trademark vocal style (they'll never challenge The Everly Brothers as my all-time fav brother act), but you've got to acknowledge their distinctiveness and longevity. It's amazing that, as long as they've been at it, he was only 53 according to the news - tells you how early they started out. RIP Maurice, you did good.
They were a great band also.Great Harmony and musical talent.

Have been looking for a Hits CD for awhile that has the old stuff,have thier Hits-LP.Lost alot after that for myself,but always knew they were greatly talented.WIll not be the same without him that's for sure.Kinda like The Who without Mooney ,but worst.Can't replace a Vocal talent like that,the trinity is gone.
As someone who came to appreciate the Bee Gees very late in their career, I feel very saddened by the loss of Maurice- I am sure his brothers will fold the group (as a studio band) in a tribute to him. Among the three, I don't think anyone knowledgeable will challenge the fact that Maurice was the glue that really held the band together. He did not have the unique lead voice of Barry and Robin- but was the most musical among the three having played bass, guitars and keyboards. He was the musical director of the touring band and was integral to the vocal and instrumental arragements. His contributions should not be underestimated.
Linkster: The remaining brothers have already vowed to carry on as The Bee Gees, FWIW.