Power Amp Neeed -- PLEASE HELP prevent mistake.

Hello, I am currently searching for a nice amp,, TUBE, SOLID STATE, HYBRID Whatever... I will be running it off a Audio Research LS7 all tube pre and I am not sure of the output impeadance, but want an amp that works very well with it to create a nice synergy. I will go in the used market at about 1,000 USD, Power recomendations from about 40 watts per channel to infinity, Quality and overall sound is all that matters(MUSIC MATTERS). I would like to get the Warmest, tubyest , biggest sound possible and VERY STRONG BASS with the Audio research pre at resonable volume. THERE IS NO TONE CONTROLS IN HIGH-END AUDIO>>> Is there??? So it must produce this sound naturally without Attenuation. THANKS EVERYBODY!!
matrix
Anyone no where to look for the Odyssey 120 micro farad version in black.. or seen one for sale. I will call the factory but it looks like it will take a very long time to get it. thanks
Alright, Great responces you guys sent me on the journey to the Stratos, I just ordered one in black with upgraded Caps. I read many articles and reviews on this piece now and it Looks incredible for the money. The only real problem is it is going to take 7 weeks for delivery, but how many people can say that their Amplifier has their name signatured on the back of it?? It looks very worth it to me. Thanks. and any other opinions still very welcome.
Excellent choice on the Stratos. I've never heard them but I've read all about them and came this close ---> <--- to ordering a pair.

They appear to be among the better ss amps regardless of price.

And the 20 year warranty doesn't hurt either.

Please do a follow-up telling us how you like the sound (after the 5 week burn-in period).