In wall power cabling- for Apartment Dweller

Howdy.

I need some advice on what kind of in wall power cabling (reasonably priced to cheap) is a step up from whatever my Landlord's go-to electrician would pick up at Lowe's to do the job.

I'm going to be installing 2 dedicated lines, and I need some knowledge on what brands of cable to use. Also, I won't be purchasing "audiophile Grade" circuit breakers, if they are expensive, but anyone have knowledge re: circuiut breakers- i.e. 15 amp, etc and some manufacturers that make them better than others, etc...

I've got my "Porter Ports" on the way (thanks again Albert!)
and I need to know what to do next.
Keep in mind that, once I move, 100% of my investment will be lost, so I'm not going to be purchasing anything that is really expensive.

THANKS!!!!
gthirteen
Same dedicated grunge applies, at least unless if you have no neighbors and are alone on the power grid.
Is there any problem with solid core 10/2 awg Romex for the 20 amp line and 12/2 awg Romex for the 15 amp line? Is Romex "worst" sounding than THHN, MC, BX, etc.? Do you really need to use anything less than 10 awg? Is there a role or advantage for cryogenic treatment of the in-wall wire?
OK, 4yanx, in your opinion, will dedicated power lines to my box sound worse than having all my gear AND all other outlets and lights, fans, etc, on the same circuit?
Maybe you'd agreee that I should just get a walkman?!?!

Obviously, there is something to be said for active AC cleansing. However, I have a pretty good situation, I live in a smallish town, and I have a REALLY quiet system as it is, just no ground connection on my existing outlets. Fine, I figured that I would just replace the outlets. WRONG!
No ground WIRES in the wall. So, my landlord will run a line for me- why not make it 2?

I already have some outlets on the way, so I thought that I would inquire among the other Audiogonners as to what TYPE of IN WALL POWER WIRE has been used succesfully.

I am sure, that, if I live in NYC or LA, that I'd have noisy power, and I'd need to address it. However, I'm just running these lines for safety purposes, and since its going to happen whether I want it or not, I figured I might as well try and find out what cable sounds good.

SO, That's what I'm attempting to get some help with.

Aponter4- I don't see why not. As strange as it sounds, I think that if a Power cable from teh wall to the component that has been cryoed sounds better, why wouldn't 100' of in wall cable present some audible change for the better?

Thanks guys, keep it coming.
g13, the question of a Walkman is your call. (perhaps at this point we have equally exchanged sarcasms and continue)

You asked for advise, Psychic gave some sound options and you seem not to agree. His point was that even if you do rewire in the walls, there will still be grunge. OBVIOUSLY, a dedicated line will be BETTER than what you have presently (and I said nothing to indicate otherwise). The thing is, most people here are looking for the ultimate in improvements and have experiences to share. Whether or not you decide to employ them is a matter of choice, not a question of right wrong, or someone else trying to force you what to do.

Several have given suggestions centered on the type of wire and breakers only. Bob gave a cost-effective solution (based on wire being the only change). Maybe give it a try and see if it is enough. If you live in an area where simply upgrading the wire and establishing a dedicated line is sufficient, you are, indeed, fortunate.

BTW, before doing my dedicated lines, I installed a set of Albert's cryoed outlets and was stunned at the difference just THOSE made.