What type of turntable should I use?

I have a Sota Star Sapphire which uses hanging suspension but I'm wondering if I need any suspension at all.

My listening room is part of my finished basement. I live on a block where there is very little traffic. It is not a through street. So I don't get trucks and other heavy vehicles rumbling past causing vibrations.

My stand is very solid. I cannot detect vibrations from the speakers when I hold my hand on the equipment rack shelves.

All of this stuff can be seen by clicking on "my system."

What all of this is leading up to is, do I need a turntable with suspension, AND is there an advantage to having an unsuspended turntable?
128x128nrchy
That's correct Sayas. It was worth the time and effort to make sure my Aries is on firm foundation and dead level. The synergy with my JMW 10.5 is truly hard to beat for the price and competes with more expensive designs and models, even Harrys own TNT. I heard the Aries with a Graham 2.0 and although a fine combo, didn't justify the price compared to my 10.5, Now I have to talk my friend out of the Graham and going with the Aries extended with 12.5 at a good deal. The 12.6 is also nice. My next move will definately be the SDS. Anyone hear the Aries 2 with new Acrylic and beveled plater/ HR bearing?? Wonder if $1100. is worth the upgrade over the older TNT plater/ bearing. I rather like the looks of the old as the new looks"cheaper"
Just to throw this out.Talked with Wally of Tools fame and he said he thought the 12.5 was superior to 12.6.Didn't get details as I was asking Q's all over the board.And no surprise he thought his anti-skate would outperform VPI's (big surprise).
Chazzbo
if your turntable was designed with a suspension, you should keep it working that way. the suspension is designed to absorb the sinusoidal waves emanating from your speakers. the spurious vibrations created by trucks, footsteps or a dropped object are not sinusoidal waveforms. they would look more like a square wave (spurious vibrations) and can cause feedback through your speakers. so i believe it was sota's design objective to suppress the sound waves coming out of your speakers. i hope this answers your question. if it were my turntable, i would never defeat the suspension of the sota.
Dogcanskate,
I don't think Nrchy was contemplating defeating the suspension on his Sota. I agree with you that this would be a brave and, if irreversible, potentially foolish thing to do.

I think he was/is contemplating changing to a non-suspended design. As a Teres owner I'm happy with that, even on a sprung floor, but I haven't heard similarly high end suspended tables so I can't offer meaningful comparisons.

Theoretical advantages of a non-suspended design? Well, the less the table can move laterally in reaction to stylus motions, the more dynamic the signal will be. Of course a really well executed suspension might offer isolation from acoustic energy that you described, which should lead to a lower noise floor and cleaner groove tracing. In either case, quality of design, materials and execution probably matters at least as much as the theoretical differences.
doug, i totally agree with your post.my tt happens to be an lp-12. i could easily live with a tt that has no suspension if it's tuneful to my ears at least. both camps have wonderful offerings.