OK...I'm getting ready to buy a new Phono pre amp.

.........but......should I consider buying a new pre-amp first???? How about upgrading my TT???
I am very interested in replacing my ARC PH3 SE with a the Aesthetix Rhea. However, before I do that, do I replace my ARC LS 25 mkl with...the Calypso?? Then, maybe replace my Aries with the new VPI TNT X HR? I don't want to do this all at once so your advice would be helpful. Thanks all!
rwd
I would consider an Art Audio Vinyl One with volume pot to avoid a preamp altogether. I recently received a Vinyl One. It is extremely quiet and all the positive sonic cliches apply. Overall, it sounds better than running it through my CJ preamp. I also seriously considered a Rhea and I'm sure it sounds great. But I don't need all the flexibility the Rhea provides. It seems to border on bells and whistles to me. Joe Fratus, of Art Audio, is great to work with. Another consideration could be the Hagerman Trumpet with step/up. No extras, just great sonics. Both phonostages retail at about 2.8k.

Thanks Richardmr.....would I still need a pre-amp with either the Art Audio or the Hagerman? I am, believe it or not, considering an SACD. Besides, I use a reel to reel occasionally. I do, however, love the flexibility of the a phono pre amp like the Rhea.
Hi Rwd: I am wondering what makes you "very interested in replacing" your ARC with the Rhea...