OK...I'm getting ready to buy a new Phono pre amp.

.........but......should I consider buying a new pre-amp first???? How about upgrading my TT???
I am very interested in replacing my ARC PH3 SE with a the Aesthetix Rhea. However, before I do that, do I replace my ARC LS 25 mkl with...the Calypso?? Then, maybe replace my Aries with the new VPI TNT X HR? I don't want to do this all at once so your advice would be helpful. Thanks all!
rwd
Hi Rwd: I am wondering what makes you "very interested in replacing" your ARC with the Rhea...
I second Zaikesman on that one.......... It sounds like you have a pretty good setup..... It'll take a boatload of dough to make much of a jump in performance IMO.
Good points Zaik and cmo.....I like the idea of on the spot and easy loading and gain setting. Although with my LS 25 and PH 3se I have a good amount of gain....possibly driving my Helikon with a bit more would help? I also have my PH 3se set at 47(?)....I think the helikon like 100...not sure.
I also have a Benz m2....
Finally, the PH 3se is a few yrs old (not ancient) and the Rhea is brand new...possibly better design....????
Are you possibly suggestin upgrading elsewhere?
I'm not suggesting anything, I was just curious what made you want to make this move, whether for instance you were dissatisfied with anything about the ARC (I don't have experience with either unit). It doesn't seem as if you've actually heard the Rhea, which for me would be a prerequisite before I 'wanted' to spend the amount of money involved. BTW, my B-M Glider M2 sounds best to me loaded at a few hundred ohms, and I agree that having easily adjusted loading/gain options is an attractive prospect.
Zaik....I like the PH 3se very much. Although the features in the Rhea are quit intriguing. I'd also like to add just a pinch of warmth (the ARC's are a hair light). However, you are totally correct. I plan to hear the Rhea in the system first!!! Want to come by when I have it installed for a listen?
P.S. Others welcomed too!!