OK...I'm getting ready to buy a new Phono pre amp.

.........but......should I consider buying a new pre-amp first???? How about upgrading my TT???
I am very interested in replacing my ARC PH3 SE with a the Aesthetix Rhea. However, before I do that, do I replace my ARC LS 25 mkl with...the Calypso?? Then, maybe replace my Aries with the new VPI TNT X HR? I don't want to do this all at once so your advice would be helpful. Thanks all!
rwd
Thanks Cmo....I hope to pick up a demo unit this weekend. I'll give it a listen and report back.
My feeling on this subject is that if one were in a position to consider the Rhea, then why not also consider the Manley Steelhead, which is supposed to be quite the animal. It will be my eventual phono pre upgrade when funds again become available. Currently using a Krell KPE Reference.
Hi Steve....yes I also heard the Manley is a great unit also. I believe it is as flexiable as the Rhea. Can you adjust the gain and load of the cartridge "on the go" as with the Rhea??
The Rhea's flexibility is mighty appealing. When they start showing up used, I may take a look. In the meantime, Rwd, can I buy your ARC?
If you are looking at a bit more wamrth, I doubt going to the Rhea is going to do it. The PH3 is quite warm sounding and the Rhea will add more apparent detail with a nice warm bottom end. I would look at upgrading the pre-amp first as the LS25 is very detailed and will add brightness if your system leans that way.
ps the loading is very system dependant, I currently have my helikon loaed at 47k and it sounds nice and extended, with my old speakers it had to be loaded down to 100ohms.