What to do when seller does not send item paid for

Hi I recently (about two weeks ago) purchased a pair of cables from a seller here on AG. The seller said he would be sending the cables out right away. I paid him with a money order. Here it is two weeks later and I have not heard a word as to whether he even received my money (I'm sure he did). I e-mailed him many times and left voice mail messages on his cell phone telling him I was concerned and he hasn't responded back. His email address is hotmail. I hate to think I have been scammed. They really should have been here by now if he sent them. He is only a few states away. I know sometimes things take longer than expected in the mail but the fact that he hasn't contacted me even once really concerns me. What should I do??
musicmannj
The fact he does not respond bothers me. Try blocking your ID when you call him in case he is targeting your number. Hope it all works out.
First check to see if the money order was cashed... people do have emergencies, priorities, computer crashes, lost cell phones, etc - I wouldn't worry about the two week time span if the MO was not cashed. However, if the MO was cashed, I agree with Esun's advice of being patient (for now).
It's sad, but there's not a whole lot you can do if the money order has been cashed. This is out and out stealing, but when you go to the post office to report mail fraud, they brush you off and are very unhelpful about any advice whatsoever (at least here in CA where I live). When you buy the money order from the USPS, they will tell you that they will prosecute people that abuse the system, but when you try to get them to follow up, it's useless.

My bad experience was with E-bay, and not with audiogon, and hopefully these slimeballs that do this kind of stuff will never find audiogon because it's so specialized to real audiophiles. My senario was a little different, but you'll have to try to go through the same processes to recover your money. My senerio was when I bought a DVD player that was advertised as "Brand new" on ebay, but when I received it, it was battered and obviously used. I went to the post office thinking that this was a blatant case of fraud and would be handled by the post office since my USPS money order was sent via USPS (with tracking), and the unit was sent by USPS as well. I figured it would be pretty simple to file a mail fraud claim, but when I got to the post office to talk to someone, I got the run-around. They basically told me that I needed to contact e-bay and there wasn't anything they could do about it. Maybe the fraud division of the USPS only deals with bigtime crooks and they just don't care about the nickel and dime stuff. Of course, ebay was very helpful and helped me take care of this matter, NOT! They made me try to get an audio video shop to justify that the unit was used. Of course, no shop wanted to get involved in any way, shape, or form. E-bay admitted that the unit was used, but still refused to give me any money because they claim that the description was not different from the actual item. So needless to say, I will never buy or sell anything on ebay again. I hope more people realize how bad ebay is and they basically just take your money, but offer no insurance or assurance against fraud whatsoever. Hopefully, there will be other places like Audiogon popping up and eventually, take a big enough share of the marketplace to force ebay to have some sort of integrity!

Good luck to you. Hopefully it's just hung up in the mail like the others suggested.
First I wouldn't deny that strange things sometimes happen with the mail. I was waiting for the vinyl from FL to NY 26 days. I'm still waiting on record to get from California since July 26 as stated by seller. I sent a money order and received a negative feedback on ebay while it was traveling to the same state for more than three weeks! but than removed when the seller received it. So Sean 14 days isn't the limit yet!
Hotmail accounts can be multiple and person whether he wants or not sooner or later fughedsaboudit as well as cell phones change due to the different phones going out to the consumer and breaks on the new plans.
Maybe these two things camp up together and AudioGon has no possibility to rich since it does not register the credit card or bank account.
If any of you did the math you would find out that in terms of % there as much or more fraud on Audiogon as there is on ebay. The differnce is thta he the frauds are for huge sums of cash.I have done over 1000+ transactions on ebay with no a problem.
Yet i have been dicked around on this site over and over.
People commit to buy they dont send money.
You make a firm offer the guy accepts then changes his mind.
I will take my chances on Ebay. They protect you up