Need help picking budget Turntable

I am replacing an old worn out turntable and have been looking at Music Hall 2.1, Rega P2, and Project 1.2 tables. I want good quality and the best sound per dollar spent. Would consider the Music Hall 5 or Rega P3 if I could get a really good deal on them. Price is certainly an issue (I'm married after all...). Any suggestions would be appreciated.
hallhill4
Rega's been in the game the longest, and you get that Rega arm thrown in, which gives you several avenues for upgrading as time goes on. Personally, I love the Spartan simplicity of the look as well. They also have excellent re-sale value. The 3 is worth the extra dosh, if you can swing it, as it'll stay in your system longer, and be worthy of some serious cartridge upgrades before you get the itch...They pop up for sale on this site all the time. I have to admit, I have a soft spot for this 'table, as it got me into this mess, and so I am not entirely objective.
I owned both a P3 and P25 before graduating to a VPI Aries II. I can heartily recommend the P3 as a starter table. You won't be disappointed with the results. Just be sure to choose the cartridge carefully, such as a Benz Silver or Shure V15.
Hallhill4, Colitas here there's a Planar 2 on E-bay RIGHT NOW!#3071989793 The difference b/w the P2 and the P3 is the tonearm. The 250 arm on the Planar 2 is a better arm
(with the available modifications) Replace the plastic endstub with the Express Machining 2-extreme endstub($40). Then replace the counterweight with the heavyweight $100 (from Express Machining(thru their own site not a dealer TRUST me)or the F2 titanium counterweight from Kerry Audio$130(through this site). The Kerry audio being my favorite, I have owned both. There is no reason to purchase the P3 in my opinion. Don't make the same mistake I did(by spending the extra money), the savings in cost will help you upgrade the 250 arm. The 250 without the VTF spring will be harder to set the VTF(balance with a scale) but will yield better results! The 250 has a better top end than the 300. When you get tired of the Planar sound you can upgrade the table and take the arm along while you upgrade.