VPI Scout

I picked up a Scout saturday.(my wife gave me the thumbs up) It has a Benz Micro Glider high output cart. Did I do good? The uni-pivot arm is really scary, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Am I set for a few years with the TT cart combo? Right now I am using the Creek MM phono stage, (which I feel is under rated) but I am planning on adding a phono stage to my BAT VK31SE. Any other advise from VPI owners?
I am excited about this purchase, but I can't talk to any of my freinds about it. They think I am already crazy for getting into this expensive hobby. They just don't understand my(our)obsession. At least my wife is accepting, her nickname is "the saint".
Jeff
jdodmead
The VPI Scout is a great turntable. I agree with the above posts, get a record cleaning machine, you will be amazed on how it eliminates much or all of the noise, even on new LPs. I went with the VPI 16.5 and never looked back. I had the BAT VK30 preamp (I know not quite the 31SE) with the BAT phono card, while overall not a bad phono stage, instead of paying the $500+ for the card pick yourself up a used BAT P5 phono stage, should be able to find one for a around $1000 used, its way better. I have since sold the VK30 and currently using my 5P with the BAT 5i. Best of Luck
I too am looking @ getting a VPI Scout. I purchased a KAB EV-1 record cleaning machine from http://www.kabusa.com. It is basically a Nitty Gritty without a vacuum. You hook up your own. Congratulations on your purchase. Have another question though. Should I go with the Dynavector 10X5 or Grado Platinum.
I have a Scout with the Dynavector 20hX and just replaced my Creek phono stage with a Graham Slee Era Gold Mark V. I'm not sure the Creek is underrated; after all it's only a couple hundred bucks but you'll be stunned at how much detail you're missing when you replace it with something better.
The VPI 16.5 is nice but if you don't mind using a little elbow grease get the Disk Doctor's cleaning brushes and solution along with the Nitty Gritty Record DoctorII and spend the other $200 on some new vinyl. Just my opinion.
Wc65mustang: Where can I chek out the phono stage you are using? Can you use it for Mm and MC carts?