Does anybody read reviews?

I spend lots of time (and occasionally money) on AudiogoN. I very much enjoy the threads and have read or started lots of them. I even wrote a review last week, but for the most part I don't read them unless it's about a piece of equipment I own. Part of the problem is the credibility of the writer. There are several people whose reviews I would read but I don't know most of the writers. Obviously that doesn't make their review less valid.
The review I wrote had two responses and they were both from people who have the piece of equipment I was reviewing.
I don't know if it's laziness or time constraints but I don't read most of the reviews and I was wondering if anyone else has the same experience.
I was also wondering if AudiogoN is trying to build up a data base of reviews for people to eventually peruse when they are looking to buy something down the road.
What do you think?
128x128nrchy
I do think A'gon has indicated they are intending to do something like what you suggest in your last sentence. I too have mostly read reviews of equipment I either own or am interested in, but I think this is only natural. Also like you, I haven't read a whole of them in total; I think this is mostly due to the lack of previous knowledge of the reviewing writers, the lack of a format like that of Audioreview.com where one can scan several reveiws of any item of interest without having to open many individual web pages, and also to there not having been a high percentage of good quality work on display in the reviews I've read here so far IMHO.
I wish they would put the reviews and the systems in their own catagory list. I tend to inadvertantly ignore them when they are mixed in with the discussion threads

Or I think it is a question on a particular product by mistake.

I try to read most of them, and I've commented on a few. I agree that the quality of most of them is not real high. I also agree with Sugarbrie that they should have their own section. I don't know what use could be made of some of these reviews, but there are several which are good, and comprehensive, that could be of benefit to the members.
Definitely agree with the previous posts, but at the same time I'm grateful that AgoN is putting so much effort into this site and our beloved hobby. I think so far, the best reviews have been contained in the forum discussions.